Wednesday, June 19, 2019

IOL Awards 2019

As you already know, I have recently won two Indie Originals Literature awards - one for Best Young Adult Novel and one for Best New Author. They were both for Knockout Girl, and I'm so proud that something I worked so hard on was noticed in such a big way. The feedback I got from them was this:

"The story is immediately engaging, with a strong, authentic voice. Great, accessible, fluid style with compelling immediacy, and the pacing is excellent. Characters and relationships are well-developed, interesting, and true to the age. Additionally, Elli makes for a smart, funny, engaging protagonist with a singular perspective. The boxing element feels both fresh and completely organic to the story world, leading to a triumphant climax and a toucing, satisfying ending."




And of course, I have to say a huge thank you to all of the people who support me and help me through each and every book I write and publish. You guys make it all worth it and definitely push me to keep publishing more. You know the Knockout Girl Series isn't finished yet, and I still have more* for you in the future.

In the meantime, check out the other indie author winners! There are some cool people in this list and their books look really great! These winners will stay up for a whole year, but for anyone who's interested in entering their contest for 2020, submissions open in September. I will also point out that they have a competition for filmmakers and musicians, so there's lots of cool stuff to check out!

Thank you for being a part of my journey!!

- Natasja




*Yes, there's still more news coming about Cherry. Just keep a lookout for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment